Bringing your rabbits inside
Bringing your rabbits indoors can offer peace of mind, however it is important they still have plenty of space. If you decide to bring your rabbits in, one option is to place their run and hutch in a garage (if not being used for vehicles) so they can still have lots of room to play. Or, you can set up a rabbit friendly room within your home. However, this does still need to provide a similar space size to what they would have outdoors with 24/7 access.
- Have fun creating some enriched areas for them to enjoy during the winter
- Provide several grazing trays with quality hay and dried forage for them to graze on
- Ensure slippery floors have rabbit safe options down to prevent them from injuring themselves
- Ensure toxic plants, chemicals and wires are secure from inquisitive rabbits
- Keep the heating off or on low in their room as the dry radiator heat can cause health issues