You will need:
- One rubber holed grid/mat, such as a sink or doormat. Here’s an example.
- Two or three fleece blankets.
- Stanley knife (optional, if you plan to reduce the size of the mat)
- A pair of scissors.
What to do:
1. If you have purchased a doormat, cut down to the size you prefer. A sink mat will be fine though!
2. Cut your fleece blankets into strips using scissors. Cutting these at different widths and lengths will make the snuffle mat a bit more of a challenge for your dog.
3. Tie your strips to onto your mat in a single-knot (like you would when tying a shoelace). Start horizontally, then when a row is completed, start tying diagonally on the next row.
4. Tie another horizontal row again, followed by the next row diagonally. Complete this until the whole grid has been filled.
5. Scatter some tasty treats across the snuffle mat, making sure to hide some, before giving to your dog. Your dog will then enjoy sniffing out their food!