Woodgreen’s dogs receive a huge amount of interest. This is great, because it helps us find them the best possible home.
But before you take the next steps in your search for a canine companion, it’s important to know that many of our dogs have complex needs including behavioural issues or ongoing medical conditions. This means they’re looking for a human who can offer them more love and care than most dogs will need.
Please watch our video and learn more about the type of dogs we rehome at Woodgreen.
- We make every effort to learn as much as we can about the dogs who come into our care. But with rescue dogs who have been abandoned, we won’t always know their full history.
- Getting an adult dog doesn’t mean they’re always going to settle into your home quicker than a younger canine. For some, it may take several weeks or even months.
- Once your dog has settled, it’s possible they won’t grow to like every person you introduce to them, or enjoy certain activities you would like them to.
- Your dog may need ongoing daily training both inside and outside of the home, so it’s important to think about how much time you can spare.
- If you’ve cared for a dog before, your new dog may be very different – even if the breed is the same.
- We understand there’s lots to consider and it might feel overwhelming. For more advice, read out article on what to think about before getting a dog.